Connect an existing domain from any provider with your Fygaro Shops.
Set up your existing domain to connect to your Fygaro Shop
If you purchased your domain outside of Fygaro, then you will need to edit the following DNS settings:
- Your A record should point to the Fygaro Shop IP address provided, it will look something like 126.96.36.199
- Your CNAME record should point to the domain provided, it will look something like shops1.fygaro.com
Note: You can only have one A record associated with your primary domain. If your domain is already associated with an A record, then you most replace the old A record.
- Log in to your account with your domain provider.
- Search for your domain management area, DNS configuration, or a section with a similar term.
- Edit your A record to point to your Fygaro Shop IP address. (A. Enter or choose the @ symbol, or A record. B. Enter your Fygaro Shop IP address as the destination or value for the A record.)
- Save the A Record (click Save, Save Zone File, Add Record, or similar).
- Find the CNAME record section in your DNS settings.
- Change your www CNAME record to point to shops1.fygaro.com . Often, you need to provide just the prefix without the dot, but for some domain providers you need the whole subdomain. Use the existing entries as a guide, or follow your provider’s instructions. CNAME records must always point to a domain name, never to an IP address.
- Save the CNAME Record (usually by clicking Save or Add record or similar).
Note: You can either point your main domain (eg. https://fygaro.com) or you can choose to point a subdomain (eg. store.fygaro.com). If using a subdomain for your eCommerce store, only the CNAME record step is required.
Final step: Verify your domain with Fygaro
Please note that it might take up to 48 hours for your custom domain to point to your Fygaro Shop site. If you have problems or need help setting your third-party domain, you should reach out to your domain provider.